Convene national experts, practitioners and advocates to increase understanding of the use of smokeless and other non-combustible tobacco products, its consequences, and strategies to reduce use; and broaden the coalition of organizations, agencies and individuals committed to reducing and eliminating the use of smokeless and other non-combustible tobacco products.
1. Focus national attention on smokeless and other non-combustible tobacco product use as a critical public health issue.
2. Share promising practices, experiences, and recent research to accelerate the reduction of smokeless and other non-combustible tobacco use and its consequences.
3. Share current best practices and emerging strategies for oral health providers to utilize in their tobacco prevention and cessation efforts.
4. Address current challenges faced by prevention and cessation programs, including diminishing funding, integrating tobacco control and prevention within a variety of other health initiatives, and the need for expanded collaboration.
5. Integrate and increase health equity approaches to positively change community norms surrounding smokeless and non-combustible tobacco use in vulnerable populations.
6. Build a community of individuals who can share experiences and advocate for communities free from the toll of smokeless and non-combustible tobacco use.